Our regular newsletter, The Gulf Croaker, takes its name from one of the region’s burrowing frogs, most likely the Green Striped Burrowing Frog, Cyclorana alboguttata.
The Croaker has had a make-over. We’ve given it a fresh new look, and we’ve filled it up with all the latest news from us and stories about the people and communities of our beautiful Gulf region.
The first new-look issue is out now. You can download it here, and you can contact us if you’d like to receive a print copy in the mail.
In this issue:
- Living with Fire in Mareeba Shire. Meet the people working to promote fire safety in the region.
- Turtles in Trouble: Feral pigs are an increasing threat to freshwater turtles in Gulf wetlands
- Meet the man they call “GPS”: Steve Clarke never gets lost
- Local history: Remembering the Mount Mulligan mine disaster
- Community events calendar